September 21 - THE WORKBENCH CHALLENGE 2015!
SparkFun National Tour Kickstarter
One thing SparkFun has realized over the last few years is that when it comes to embedded electronics, the earlier you start learning, the better. We marvel to think about the question, “What if we had learned about some of this stuff in 6th grade, instead of in college (or beyond)?” That question led us to create our Department of Education and, now, we want to take it to the next step. Which is why we would like to announce the SparkFun National Tour Kickstarter
In today’s global climate, education in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics) initiatives is more important than ever. The goal of the SparkFun National Tour is to promote electronics education across the US - helping our teachers and educators make electronics part of their everyday curriculum. If we reach our $150,000 goal, SparkFun will complete a nationwide tour stopping in all 50 states to teach electronics in a fun, approachable and relevant way.
Kickstarter is an amazing crowd-funding website and the SparkFun National Tour is our way of harnessing the power of Kickstarter to bring electronics education to teachers, afterschool programmers, librarians, and other educators across the country. We want to help bring the “A-ha! moment” of DIY electronics to kids all over the U.S.
Our goal is to travel to all 50 states (yes, Alaska and Hawaii too!) bringing along a team of highly-skilled instructors and a SparkFun Inventor’s Kit labpack. At each stop, we will “train the trainers” on how to teach the SIK in their own classroom/library/afterschool program and they will keep the SIK labpack for use with their students.
November 29, 2015
- THE WORKBENCH CHALLENGE 2015 REDUX
- Good Things Come With Small Packages
- Build The Incredible Christmas Tree Dipstick!
- ‘555’ Monostable Circuits
- Smiley’s Workshop 27: AVR Memory - Part 5 — Bootloaders
November 19, 2015
- Modular Designs
- Wireless Trailer Taillights
- Using The “555” Timer IC In ‘Special’ Or Unusual Circuits
- Smiley’s Workshop 26: AVR Memory - Part 4 — Writing to AVR Flash!
- Pocket Geiger Unit
Need to brush up on your electronics principles? These multi-part series may be just what you need!
- Bipolar Transistor Cookbook
- Op-Amp Cookbook
- FET Principles And Circiuits
- Triac Principles And Circuits
- Understanding Digital Buffer, Gate And Logic IC Circuits
- Smiley's Workshop: AVR C Programming Workshop
- Smiley's Workshop: Serial Communications Between An Arduino And A PC
- Checking Inductors
- Small Logic Gates — The building blocks of versatile digital circuits.