September 21 - THE WORKBENCH CHALLENGE 2015!
The Halloween Prop Dropper
The Prop Dropper is a “quick and dirty” Halloween project you can probably put together in a single night with just a small microcontroller, a couple of servo motors, and a few bits and pieces from the ol’ junk box. Designed to detect the presence of a person, rapid-deploy a small prop, display it for a moment, then wind it back up out of view, ready for its next victim! Purchase The Halloween Prop Dropper in our Web Store!
Read the October 2009 column, Personal Robotics to learn how to build your own Halloween Prop Dropper
Purchase The Halloween Prop Dropper in our Web Store!
November 19, 2015
- Modular Designs
- Wireless Trailer Taillights
- Using The “555” Timer IC In ‘Special’ Or Unusual Circuits
- Smiley’s Workshop 26: AVR Memory - Part 4 — Writing to AVR Flash!
- Pocket Geiger Unit
November 12, 2015
- What are the “Best” Components for Your Project?
- Build Your Own PIC Trainer from Surplus
- OP-AMP COOKBOOK — Part 4
- Smiley’s Workshop 25: AVR Memory - Part 3 — Program Memory In A Flash!
Need to brush up on your electronics principles? These multi-part series may be just what you need!
- Bipolar Transistor Cookbook
- Op-Amp Cookbook
- FET Principles And Circiuits
- Triac Principles And Circuits
- Understanding Digital Buffer, Gate And Logic IC Circuits
- Smiley's Workshop: AVR C Programming Workshop
- Smiley's Workshop: Serial Communications Between An Arduino And A PC
- Checking Inductors
- Small Logic Gates — The building blocks of versatile digital circuits.