October 19 - Hardware Design Competition At Diptrace
Articles tagged with: Projects
This project details how to build a Smart/SIM card reader/writer for experimentation and investigation of SIM & Smart cards.Once the reader design is built, the open source software can be used to read from and write to the card. Together they can be used to backup/restore stored SIM card data, recover deleted SMS’s and phone contacts, examine the last phone numbers dialed, etc.
For about $30 in parts for the core amplifier and a weekend of soldering, you can enjoy premium audiophile sound through your MP3 player or iPod.
Take a 3rd grader with an idea, a Nuts & Volts article, and a technodad, and what do you get? Check it out here!
Here’s a thought. How about a contest? Maybe we could cough up a few items from the Nuts & Volts store as prizes for the best projects? If there’s enough interest, we’ll put together some simple guidelines and make it official.
This is a new kit in the Nuts & Volts store from the article in the February issue. Using just a few components, you can easily transform your traditional bulb flashlight into an energy-saving, super bright LED flashlight. Complete kit available now. Digital Flashlight Conversion Kit
October 23, 2016
- For Learning, Old School Can be the Best School
- The Inner Workings of Rock Golem
- The Multi-Rotor Hobbyist – FlyFi: Weather Data Telemetry
- A Nuts & Volts Designer’s Guide to Reliable Oscillators and Timers — Part 2
- Smiley’s Workshop 63: Arduino Handheld Prototyper — Part 4
October 17, 2016
- Universal Relay Board
- Channel Surfing With An Arduino
- A Nuts & Volts Designer’s Guide to Reliable Oscillators and Timers — Part 1
- Smiley’s Workshop 62: Arduino Handheld Prototyper — Part 3
From the Q&A
Selected questions from past Q&A columns.
Need to brush up on your electronics principles? These multi-part series may be just what you need!
- Understanding Digital Logic ICs
- Bipolar Transistor Cookbook
- Op-Amp Cookbook
- FET Principles And Circiuits
- Triac Principles And Circuits
- Understanding Digital Buffer, Gate And Logic IC Circuits
- Smiley's Workshop: AVR C Programming Workshop
- Smiley's Workshop: Serial Communications Between An Arduino And A PC
- Checking Inductors
- Small Logic Gates — The building blocks of versatile digital circuits.
- Security Electronics Systems And Circuits
- Using Seven-Segment Displays
- Signal Generators
February 19 - When All You Have is a Hammer