Mike Pearce is one of eight finalist in the PIC32 Design Challenge contest with his entry, The Carb Counter+. Measuring the carbohydrates and Blood Glucose levels are not an easy task. A person with diabetes must monitor everything they consume to get a better and more accurate insulin injection needed on a daily basis to prevent serious health complications later in life.
These are some of the important features the Carb Counter+ will have:
- Food Scale
- Extensive Carb Database (USDA + AUS/NZ)
- Food “search” option
- Customizable Favorites, background etc
- Log Book
- Does the Math for you
- No More Guessing the Carbs
- Calcs carbs needed when low
- Audio alerts and alarms
- Recipe Builder to calculate carbs in your favorite home cooking
- Color Touch Screen
- Expansion port for future features.
- Designed with kids in mind