September 21 - THE WORKBENCH CHALLENGE 2015!
Resistor Photo ID
Here is a handy tool to have on your iPhone! Especially for those who are color blind and cant identify the color bands on resistors. It's called "Resistor Photo ID" and it was developed by Rich Olson of NothingLabs.
Using resistor ID is easy:
- Take a photo of a 4-band resistor using the app
- Drag the numbered bars over the corresponding resistor bands
- Resistor Photo ID provides you with the resistance and tolerance of the resistor!
If for any reason Resistor Photo ID doesn't detect the correct color for a band - you can easily override it.
November 29, 2015
- THE WORKBENCH CHALLENGE 2015 REDUX
- Good Things Come With Small Packages
- Build The Incredible Christmas Tree Dipstick!
- ‘555’ Monostable Circuits
- Smiley’s Workshop 27: AVR Memory - Part 5 — Bootloaders
November 19, 2015
- Modular Designs
- Wireless Trailer Taillights
- Using The “555” Timer IC In ‘Special’ Or Unusual Circuits
- Smiley’s Workshop 26: AVR Memory - Part 4 — Writing to AVR Flash!
- Pocket Geiger Unit
Need to brush up on your electronics principles? These multi-part series may be just what you need!
- Bipolar Transistor Cookbook
- Op-Amp Cookbook
- FET Principles And Circiuits
- Triac Principles And Circuits
- Understanding Digital Buffer, Gate And Logic IC Circuits
- Smiley's Workshop: AVR C Programming Workshop
- Smiley's Workshop: Serial Communications Between An Arduino And A PC
- Checking Inductors
- Small Logic Gates — The building blocks of versatile digital circuits.